As these terms and conditions (these “Terms”) are subject to change without notice as may be necessary, please confirm all details whenever logging on.
Purpose of use
This website is offered for the convenience of users for non-commercial purposes only. SGAP and/or Geely shall not be held responsible for any misuse or other damage or liability caused by the use of the user of the website for whatever purpose.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The information and images, etc., on this website are protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights held or managed by SGAP. Users shall comply with any and all laws and regulations with respect to copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights when using this Website. The reproduction, reuse, sale, or otherwise, in any manner, of any information, image, or data provided on this website is strictly prohibited without the written authorization of the copyright owners. SGAP reserves the right to institute applicable claims for damages against the wrongful use of any data on this Website with the proper courts.
This Website may provide links to other sites that are not managed by SGAP. SGAP does not make any guarantee with respect to the content of such websites. When using such websites, users shall comply with the terms and conditions thereof, and shall use said websites at their own risk. Should any damage befall the users from using other websites, whether or not said websites were linked in the SGA Website, users shall hold SGAP free and harmless from any and all claims.
Users shall be required to obtain SGAP’s prior approval in order to add a link on SGAP’s Website to any website that is not managed by SGAP. SGAP may institute the proper action under applicable laws against users who may add links without the necessary prior approval.
Protection of Personal Information
- SGAP shall exercise due care in offering the Services, but does not guarantee the quality of the Services in terms of compliance, integrity, accuracy, security, legality, relevance, or any other aspect of information.
- SGAP assumes no responsibility for any loss arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Services, except where such loss is attributable to SGAP’s intentional act or gross negligence.
- SGAP assumes no responsibility for any and all losses resulting from any software or any hardware accident arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website, failure of the communication environment, trouble arising between a user and a third-party, or other similar incidents.
- SGAP may change or terminate the content of the Services, or suspend or shut off the Services, in whole or in part, without any notice. In such case, SGAP assumes no responsibility for any loss suffered by users as a result of the change to or termination of the content of the Services, or the suspension or closure of the Services.
Forward-looking Information, etc.
Nothing on this website was created to solicit the users of this website to invest whether on the company or on any other entity. The final decision and responsibility with respect to investments rests solely on with the users of this website and its content. Furthermore, statements made on this website with respect to SGAP’s plans, industry forecasts, etc. that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements based on the assumptions and beliefs of SGAP at the time of disclosure. SGAP cautions several important risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements, and therefore, the users of this website should not place undue reliance on the information presented on this website. SGAP disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
This website uses traffic analysis tools that use web beacons to facilitate the use of the content on this website by users. However, no personal information concerning users is acquired using web beacons.
Secure Sockets Layer
This site adopts Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology with respect to personal information. With SSL, the information is transmitted to the registered computer through the network after being encrypted on the personal computers of users.
Governing Law / Jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
- All claims, demands, disputes, controversies and differences of whatever kind and nature between SGAP and users hereto arising out of or in connection with this website and these Terms as to the existence, construction, validity, interpretation or meaning, performance, non-performance, enforcement, operation, breach, continuance hereof and/or thereof shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Taguig, Philippines in accordance with the rules of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. (PDRCI) which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this paragraph. The tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the parties, and judgement thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Social Media Policy
SGAP will conduct promotions, communication activities, announcements, public relations activities, and other related activities using various SNS with the aim of building better relationships with customers and those who participate in SNS outlets.
Please be aware that the information delivered by SGAP via its official SNS does not necessarily constitute SGAP’s official announcement or view. Please refer to SGAP’s website for official news releases, etc.
SGAP pays full attention to the accuracy of the information disclosed through its official SNS, but makes no warranty to its accuracy. Please be aware that SGAP may make corrections to the content of such information at a later date. Further, SGAP can accept no responsibility of liability for any trouble or damage arising from a user’s use or the unavailability of an official SNS of SGAP, such as the use of the content disseminated by SGAP via its official SNS or a website link therefrom.
Users should “reply to” or “comment” on SGAP’s SNS at their own risk. SGAP assumes no responsibility for any trouble or dispute among users or between a user and a third-party that may arise in connection with postings on SGAP’s SNS by users or otherwise in relation to its official SNS.
Users should note the following points when using SGAP’s SNS. SGAP assumes no responsibility for any damage suffered by a user as a result of a violation of the precautions set forth below:
- User shall take responsibility for saving all data, text, and other information posted/created by user.
- User shall ensure protection of his/her password from becoming known by a third-party.
- User shall not, in the use of this Website, infringe on any copyright, portrait right, or right to privacy, etc. of another user, third-party, or SGAP.
User shall hold SGAP free and harmless from any damage or liability caused by user’s non-compliance with the above-listed Precautions.
SGAP values communications with users and will not delete their postings unless found necessary by SGAP. SGAP may however, delete posted information or content or block access to its SNS, and take other necessary measures without any prior notice to a user if the user makes any posting that includes expressions of the following nature:
- Content that is intended to cause or induces the commission of crimes
- Content that infringes on copyright, trademark, or other rights of SGAP or third-parties
- Content pertaining to the privacy of third-parties
- Content that violates laws, regulations, or public order and morals
- Content that insults any specific individual, including SGAP, corporations, countries, or communities
- Content that insults any product or service of SGAP or third-parties
- Content that introduces or advertises a user’s own product, store, or company or other commercial content
- Inappropriate content that contains obscene expressions or other similar offensive material
- Content that causes or may cause any disadvantage or damage to SGAP or third-parties
- Any other content deemed inappropriate by SGAP in its sole discretion
When using SGAP’s SNS, users must not post any of the content listed above. SGAP assumes no responsibility for any damage suffered by a user as a result of the user’s posting of any of the above listed content.
Users are prohibited from engaging in any of the following acts when using SGAP’s SNS. In the event that a user has engaged in any of the prohibited matters listed below, SGAP may take the necessary measures, including, but not limited to, deleting posts/comments, blocking or deleting accounts, or the blocking of transmitting messages:
- Impersonating any third-party or misrepresenting to be a representative of SGAP
- Political activities, political campaigning, or religious activities
- Posting, transmitting, recommending, or suggesting any link to or actual harmful computer programs or other form of malicious or harmful software
- Reproducing, selling, publishing, or otherwise using the information obtained through SGAP’s SNS beyond the scope of private use
- Interfering with the operation of SGAP’s SNS, or acting in a way that causes, or may cause, any disadvantage or damage to a third-party, including SGAP
- Obstructing other users’ use or access to the SNS of SGAP
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to SGAP’s networks through password mining, hacking, phishing, or other similar means
- Uploading or otherwise transmitting, in any form, any content that a user does not have the authority to release according to relevant laws or through a fiduciary or contractual relationship
- Other acts deemed equivalent to the foregoing by SGAP
If a user causes damage to SGAP in violation of this Paragraph, SGAP may seek damages from such user.
Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual Property Rights shall belong to the user who made such post, but the user shall, by making such post, be deemed to have granted to SGAP a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive right to use (including processing, making extracts of, reproducing, publishing, and translating, etc.) such posted content, and to have agreed not to exercise any copyrights or an author’s moral rights, etc. against SGAP.
We, Sojitz G Auto Philippines Corporation (“SGAP”), thoroughly recognize the importance of protecting personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). We believe that properly handling Personal Information is part of our social responsibility, and declare that we strive to protect Personal Information in accordance with the following policies:
Compliance with Laws and Other Rules
We will strictly comply with the Republic Act 10173 or “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and other related laws and regulations, guidelines, industry self-regulation, and internal rules, etc. when carrying out operations in which Personal Information is handled.
Collection of Personal Information
We will not collect any Personal Information without the prior consent of the individual identified by the Personal Information (“Data Subject”), unless exempted under related data privacy laws and regulations, but at all times compliant with said laws and regulations.
Use of Personal Information
We will use Personal Information only for the purposes of use officially announced in advance or informed at the time of collection and to the extent necessary to carry out business. In the case where we share Personal Information Personal Information with a third-party, or entrust the processing of Personal Information Personal Information to a third-party, we will examine such third-party rigorously, and perform proper supervision to ensure that such third party keeps the Personal Information confidential.
Provision of Personal Information to Third-Parties
Except as provided by laws and regulations, we will not provide Personal Information Personal Information to any third-party without the prior consent of the Data Subject.
Security Measures for Personal Information
- We will work to keep Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed without delay, while ensuring the thorough safety management of Personal Information on a daily basis.
- We will take appropriate measures to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of Personal Information, unauthorized access to Personal Information and infiltration by computer viruses and the like. In the unlikely event that any of these matters occur, we will promptly take corrective actions.
- We will not allow Personal Information to be leaked by taking it off premises or transmitting it externally.
Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information
We confirm that the Data Subject has the right to request the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion, etc. of their own Personal Information, and we will strive to appropriately and immediately respond to any such request.
Organization and Structure
- We recognize that the appropriate management of Personal Information is our social mission. We shall assign a manager in every department to process Personal Information and implement the appropriate management of Personal Information.
- We will provide all those involved in operations, including officers, full-time employees, part-time employees, and contract employees with training on the protection of, and methods for appropriately managing, Personal Information, and thoroughly ensure that Personal Information is processed appropriately in day-to-day operations.
Compliance Program regarding Protection of Personal Information
We, SGAP, will collect, use or process the Personal Information of its potential or existing customers to:
- provide relevant information about our products and services;
- document and manage the Corporation’s records;
- market, promote, cross-sell, or upsell Corporation’s products and services;
- respond to your queries, complaints, and requests;
- update our records and keep your contact details up-to-date;
- maintain security;
- communicate any advisories, changes, and other information;
- comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations;
- fulfill any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent.
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services for us. In such circumstances, we require our service providers to limit the use of the Personal Information we share with them in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the DPA, DPA IRR, issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) and other relevant laws and regulations. Our service providers will not process your Personal Information for any other purpose than what we have agreed with them and under terms set by the Corporation in an outsourcing agreement or data sharing agreement.
We may also share your Personal Information with unrelated third parties such as banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers, with which we have concluded data sharing agreements, but only upon your consent.
We may also share your Personal Information to unrelated third parties, upon your request, when legally required to do so, or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property, safety, and those of other individuals. Nevertheless, even in such instance, we will take all the necessary steps to protect and secure your Personal Information.
We may share or transfer your Personal Information to a third party for processing, subject to cross-border arrangements and cooperation in accordance with the regulations of the DPA, its IRR and related issuances. In these situations, we assume the primary responsibility of securing the Personal Information in our control or custody, even when these are transferred across borders or jurisdictions. We shall ensure that said data are processed and/or shared in accordance with the provisions of the DPA, its IRR and other applicable issuances of the NPC.
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
In case that we get the Personal Information directly, we will inform you about the purpose by written notice. Please also kindly refer to said notice for the relevant details.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Relations Section at 02-8292-0538. The Customer Relations Section will direct any and all questions relating to the use of Personal Information to the company’s Data Protection Officer as required by the Philippine DPA.
You may contact us using the contact details below for any questions on how we process Personal Information. The Customer Relations Section will direct any and all questions relating to the use of Personal Information to the company’s Data Protection Officer as required by the Philippine DPA. Please understand that depending on the information requested, you may be asked to confirm your identity.
DEPARTMENT: Customer Relations Section
PHONE NUMBER: 02-8292-0538